Menu

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hitchhike: сарапул, Meeting ex KGB Officer

The next morning, we went to сарапул. This city is located at the south of Izhevsk. This city is kind of far. We agreed to meet at the южная автостанция at 10.30 am. The weather was not very nice. It was cloudy, cold and kind of dark. I even brought umbrella in case it would be raining.

And it was. hehehe. When we started to hitchhike, the day started drizzling. We were kind of worried since we haven't got any ride. Then, Rinat said we needed to walk further. There is a T-junction ahead. We crossed it and waited.

Around 45 minutes, there was a car stopped for us. Rinat had a talk with him and he gave me a sign to get in the car. First thing first of hitchhiking is talk to the driver and be as friendly as possible. Though I dont speak Russian, I can mark up some words.

The driver is kind of old, I bet he has some grandchildren. From what I understand, they talked about me, where I am from and what I was doing in Izhevsk.

What shocked me is the driver was an KGB
officer. yeah, KGB, the most famous FBI ala Russia. I was so amazed and kind of feel awesome. Unfortunately, he couldn't take us to our destination. He can only take us to the half way there. But it was okay. Still, he was so generous for giving us a ride.

The rest of the kilometers, we did hitchhike again. This time, we got a ride from a couple. They were from Izhevsk. The man, he has work there. Every certain day he goes to Izhevsk to restock his supply. As we went to the south, the weather was getting nice. I liked it. 

And in a half of hour, we were there. yaaaayyyy. I start to like hitchhiking :D

Going back home was kind of challenge for us. First, Rinat at that time, he wasn't really sure the road we took. But then, I saw the road sign and he remembered that we were on the right track.ураааааааа :D

Again, we didnt wait very long to get a ride. BLESS US!!! :D

A taxi stopped in front of us. It happened once, the driver was misunderstood. But his taxi driver, he let us to get in his taxi without paying :D BLESS HIM! He is so nice and friendly. He talked to Rinat all the time and asked me one or two questions. Even they laughed together. It was great.

He actually doing the taxi thing as a side job. He has another business which is taking local people or foreigner to go sightseeing such as going  to Kazan. The driver gave the detail about how much people have to spend by using his service. And Rinat said it's cheaper than going there by train. I forgot the name of the driver. But he gave us his number and his VK account. Then, it was time for us to said goodbye.

We got off from his car and said goodbye for the last time. Furthermore, he said I can call him if I need a ride. He is so wonderful.

We continued our journey by walking to the KFC. We needed bathroom and wifi :D I told him that I start to like hitchhiking. I can do this too. Then suddenly he said, "do not doing hitchhike alone. you are a woman. higher risk. even when we go together, there will be a risk. like someone will do bad at us such as threat us by knife."

I totally understand that. But still, I believe in someone's goodness. It feels like heaven when someone gives his kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your critics,,