Menu

Friday, December 26, 2014

Sandwhiches, A Simple Breakfast

picture is taken from http://www.recycledevon.org
Good morning, Ms. Sunshine! *I remember the way Flo, my student, greeted me. She called me Ms. Sunshine coz one day on Friday, I worn a sunflower dress. Well, anyway, that is not the point :)

Breakfast is an activity I usually missed. It is not a practical to do, especially in the morning. I don't like eating rice for breakfast. It is too heavy for my stomach and my teeth (*believe me, I am not that old. I am just being lazy to chew that long. Hehehe

Instead of eating rice for breakfast, I eat sandwhiches. At first, I tried to make it with btwo slices of rown bread, a fried egg, a slice of cheese, and some slices of tomato. (*so full, right? Then, when I chew, I was thinking 'Uh oh, this is the last time I ate sandwhiches with brown bread. Although, I kept full till 4 hours ahead because of eating brown bread, but still, I dont like it. People say brown bread will make you full longer than white bread.

picture is taken from https://secure.static.tumblr.com
After I change brown bread with white bread, I got tired with eating fried egg all the time. And one day, I boiled an egg for my sandwhiches. It tastes better and healthier. It reminds me of my breakfast days in Russia. ;) (*I miss you, Babushka.

Several weeks later, I got bored with breakfast. Before I go to work, I just drink a glass of water and a cup of coffee. Or, I just dropped by in a food stall to buy gendar pecel (mashed rice and boiled salad with peanut souce). (*what? mashed rice?? Yep, you heard me. mashed rice.

And this morning, playing harvest moon for 30 minutes made me hungry. I decided to make sandwhiches. I saved the game and walked to the fridge. Hemm, I dont have any meat. I saw tomatoes, cheese and mayonaise. What about eggs? Hemm, no egg for today. Lets make sandwhices with limited ingridients.

I put mayonaise on the two sides of two slices of white bread. I used pan to brown the bread. (*I dont have a toaster :p. After that, I cut a tomato, washed it, and sliced it. I put some sliced tomato on the bread. I grated cheese and put it on the top of tomato. The final touched, I put another bread after I put the leftover sliced tomato.

I was thinking, a cup of coffee might be good for this. I boiled some water then made a cup of coffee.

The taste? Hemm, alhamdulillah, it is delicious! beyond my expectation! :) and the coffee made it perfectly! So, I called this dish as tomato sandwhiches. I guess, I have another varian for my breakfast :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your critics,,