Menu

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Candi Borobudur 2014


Last Monday, I visited Candi Borobudur, the biggest Buddhist temple in the world. I went there with Arisa, a couchsurfer from Japan.

To go to Borobudur temple from my house, Semarang, it takes 3 hours. Since my dad didn't want to drive that long, he asked our cousins to join us.

It was a long journey. Arisa even slept in the car.

There wasnt a big crowd there. I bet since it is Ramadhan month and it wasnt a weekend too.

When we got off from the car, there were many seller offered their things such as hats, souvenirs, glasses, even umbrella.

*just for a note: if you want to buy souvenir, I suggest you to buy in Prambanan temple. The price is cheaper than in Borobudur temple.

There are two entrances for the tourist, foreigners and local people. The ticket for local people is around 30.000 rupiahs while for foreigner is 240.000 rupiahs. I felt bad for Arisa since she had to pay more.

Borobudur has changed a lot since my last visit. The way to go to the east entrance of the temple was long and hot. But now, it is a bit shady and short.

Other thing that has changed is the sarong, a cloth to cover our hips. It is a new tradition. For people who are more than 18 y/o, they have to wear sarong. Its color is blue with the print of Borobudur on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your critics,,