Menu

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lunch Menu: Chicken Strips

Recently, I like to make my own lunch. By making my own lunch, I get more benefits. For instance, I know the exact what I actually eat. I have a concern in this since I have allergic to monosodium glutamate (MSG).

I read some article about what the best food to eat at lunch. Meat is the best among all (*if you are vegetarian, I am sorry.

For lunch, usually I make chicken strips. If you work in the morning, from 7am to 4 pm, I suggest you to do like I do. I prepare the meat and the sauce at night. So that in the morning, I just need to fry, heat up the sauce and boil the veggies.

Here is the recipe.

Chicken strip a la Elmy

Ingredients:
chicken strips:
  • chicken fillet
  • flour
  • egg
  • bread crumb
  • oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • lemon
Sauce:
  • garlic
  • onion
  • oyster sauce
  • chili sauce
  • water
Veggies:
  • carrots
  • green bean
  • long bean
The steps:
Chicken strips:
  1. cut the meat like you want to make a steak, the thickness is around 0.5 to 1 cm.
  2. spread some pepper, salt and lemon juice for meat for both sides. leave it for a while, 15 min,
  3. put some flour on the plate and so does the bread crumb.
  4. mix one egg and put it on a plate.
  5. put the meat in flour plate first, then to the egg, then the bread crumb. make sure all the meat are covered by bread crumb.
  6. prepare the oil in a pan. with the meat thickness, you do not need to pour a lot of oil in the pan. Pour some just to make sure it is enough to fry the whole meat.
  7. fry until it's cooked and brown.
Sauce:
  1. mince garlic and onion
  2. put some oil in the pan then when the oil is hot, put the garlic and onion.
  3. lower down the fire, put the oyster sauce and chili sauce.
  4. mix all together, and put some water.
  5. add a pinch of salt and pepper.
  6. cooked till the sauce boiled then turn the fire off.
Veggies:
  1. boil some water.
  2. cut the veggies like potatoes wadges,
  3. cook the veggies and put some salt.
  4. when it is cooked, put it in the cold water for while.
  5. then take out the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your critics,,